This receipt will explain how to set up your mail klient to access the UiB server even when you are filtered by a firewall commonly used at airports, hotels or at other institutions' campus networks.
Please choose language, and the type of mail client used.
This receipt works for Outlook
- From the Tools menu choose 'E-mail Accounts... '
- Select View or change existing e-mail accounts
- Select the e-mail account and click on the 'Change' button.
- Change outgoing server (SMTP) to smtp.uib.no
- From the E-mail Accounts window select 'More Settings...' More Settings
- On the Internet E-mail Settings window select the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication'. Choose 'Use same settings as my incoming server'
- Click on the Advanced tab. Check both boxes 'This server requies an encrypted connection' and set the port numbers to 465
- Click OK, Next and Finish.
You will be prompted for your password when sending mail.